How to Report Fraud

If you suspect that someone has gained access to important personal information such as your Social Security number or any First Nations Bank account number, including your ATM or debit card please notify us immediately. You may either call (773) 594-5900 or come into the bank during normal business hours. Based on the information you provide, we may recommend that you close your existing account and open a new account. To report a lost or stolen ATM/Debit card after normal business hours please call 1-800-236-2442.

Credit Bureaus

Immediately contact the toll-free fraud number of any of the three credit bureaus to have a fraud alert placed on your credit report, including a statement that creditors should get your permission before opening any new accounts in your name.

Fraud alerts can help prevent an identity thief from opening more accounts in your name. You only need to contact one of the three companies to place an alert. The credit bureau you call is required to contact the other two. Fraud alerts are usually placed for 60 to 90 days, but you can request that the time period be extended to 7 years.

Report Fraud




Federal Trade Commission

If you choose you can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) by phone; 1-877-ID-THEFT (438-4338) or online;

The Federal Trade Commission’s Identity Theft website is a national resource that provides detailed information to help you protect yourself from identity theft and helps victims of identity theft repair damage to their credit records. A universal affidavit form is available on this site that most creditors will accept.

Local Police and Sheriff's Department

You should also contact your local police or sheriff's department to report the crime. Ask for a copy of the report. When you provide your police report to the credit bureaus, they must remove the fraudulent accounts from your credit record. Keep the phone number of your investigator and give it to creditors and others who require verification of your case.